Wednesday, May 2, 2012

How to use the NFC?



One of the distinct features of the Nexus that made me choose it over the Galaxy S2 was the availability of the NFC feature which allows you to interact with things like access cards and in the future perhaps use Google Wallet with the phone to make payments.

However, once I got the phone, I had no idea how to test the NFC feature. I downloaded a program called NFC Taginfo and tried to scan my wallet. When I opened the application, it asked me to scan a tag. I put my wallet to the phone and heard the phone respond. It scanned my company's access card and showed a series of "sectors" which I presume are secured areas. One area showed a different pattern which I guess would be the area that I have access to. Anyway, I can say that the NFC works and at the moment I can't seem to find any other application for it other than just for kicks :)

No comments:

Post a Comment